Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jesus in my heart and daddy in my tummy!

The other day I called Mandy at home and she didn't sound too thrilled. She informed me that she went upstairs for a minute and that Myleigh unlocked the fridge and Porter and her got out the milk, lemonade, and juice. They pored it all over the floor making a sea of stickiness. Myleigh then got a box of Goldfish out of the pantry and dumped them in the drinkable pool. Mandy said she stood for two minutes just staring as our two children sat in their underwear (oh and they took off their clothes) playing in a pool of beverages covering the entire kitchen. I won't tell you what happened after those two minutes.

When I got home that day Myleigh came and sat on my lap telling me about her "adventure" and that she was spanked twice for it... the intire time I was biting my lip trying desperately not to laugh... As she told the story in a subtle whisper of what happened there was excitement in her eyes and she wore a faint smile, she was telling me a great secret.

I asked Myleigh if she new that making that mess was wrong and she looked at me and her demeanor changed.. she said "Yes papa" I told her that I loved her even though she made such bad choice to do something she new was wrong.

Later that night Myleigh had been telling Porter about How Jesus loves us even when we do bad things or lie (I'm sure no one has had a problem with their kids lying), Porter proceeded to say how good Jesus is and how bad and mean I was (I think he didn't like it that I wouldn't give him a Popsicle before dinner). Then they ran over to me and started wrestling with me. Porter and Myleigh stopped and asked/stated " Are you Jesus?' Then they both smiled, laughed, and said together "Noooo" Myleigh then ran off...but Porter stayed. He told me "Jesus is in my Heart and daddy is in my tummy!" As if I didn't understand he put his hand gently on my knee and said it again wide eyed and with raised eyebrows. "Jesus is in my Heart pointing to his chest and daddy is in my tummy" Porter then turned and ran away.

After a day passed I asked Myleigh about the kitchen incident and she graciously explained it all.

The liquids were used to make a lake and it had turned into ice (milk gave it an icy effect I suppose) Myleigh got the Goldfish crackers to be little people...Turning Myleigh and Porter into Giants. And we all know giants wear nothing but underwear. An icy lake would be slipper so they had to slide around, and fall to the ground.

Good times!

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! Thanks for sharing - makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only parent dealing with messy adventures! Your friend from Oz - Sal

    ReplyDelete